The ultimate guide to Christmas gifts for cyclists
With the festive season just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about what to get your cycle obsessed friends and family for Christmas.
We have been busy looking out for the best Christmas gifts for cyclists so you don’t have to. All of the items listed here are under £100 and range from books, jerseys and socks to Garmin mounts, multi-tools and lights.
F3 Cycling: FormMount
A modular mounting system for GPS computers, phones, cameras and lights. The marvel of FormMount’s direct stem integration is the ability to fit virtually any 4 bolt stem in multiple mounting positions. Carbon filled polymeric materials provide stiffness, strength and light weight. Overmolded CNC stainless steel inserts provide a secure stem connection. FormMount is the embodiment of a form follows function philosophy.
- Lightweight: 25g
- Modular mounting system
- 360 degree rotating arms offer 5 mounting positions
- Accenting colours available
- Used as phone mount with add-on component
- Used as camera/light mount with add-on component
What wevelo say
Having used the FormMount for a few weeks now over the rough potholed roads of Hampshire and a club jolly to Paris and back, it’s performed superbly well. Easy to install, and very secure, it handles the Garmin Edge 1000 without any noticeable rattle. The unit came in at 25g which is as advertised. Adjusting the unit to accept a larger device was easy and just a case of loosening the two bolts and sliding to fit. At the best part of £50, the FormMount isn’t the cheapest out there, but certainly not the most expensive. Given the extra add-ons that can be purchased to increase its practicality, this neat, well-made mount is fantastic. Highly recommended!
Kalf Merino Winter Cycling Socks
Time spent in the saddle is so much more enjoyable with warm and dry feet. That’s why the Kalf Winter Merino Sock is made with a blend of soft merino and polyester for high thermal protection and moisture control. There’s also a reflective chevron detail and three colours to choose from that fit perfectly with the rest of the Kalf winter range.
- Soft merino/polyester blend 66% Merino wool, 31% Nylon, 3% Lycra
- High thermal properties and moisture management
- Reflective chevron detail
What wevelo say
Kalf makes some nice products and these merino wool socks are great. I’ve used these a few times during cold rides this year and found them to be super warm and comfortable. They are quite thick so depending on your shoes, you may find them a tight fit. A good pair of socks should be one of the go-to gifts for cyclists!
Cateye Volt 800 USB Front Light
The Volt800 has quickly become the go-to light at CatEye, now that more rides happen after the sun goes down. Perfect for commuting or training, the Volt800 strikes the perfect balance between minimalism and functionality. Featuring 5 modes, a USB-rechargeable Li-ion cartridge battery and runtimes from 2 to 80 hours in a sleek, compact body, the Volt800 will become your favourite riding partner too.
- Double click to High Mode. Single click returns to the previous mode
- 5 Modes: Flashing / Hyper Constant / High / Middle / Low
- Runtime: 80hr 200Lm / 7hr 800Lm / 2hr 800Lm /3.5hr 400Lm / 8hr 200Lm
- Li-ion rechargeable battery
- Recharge time: 5-11 hours
What wevelo say
The Volt800 is a nice little unit. Not too big and packs quite a punch. 800 lumens will provide enough light on unlit country roads for a couple of hours. The Volt series is well regarded. You’ll not go wrong with this one. As far as gifts for cyclists go, this is a winner!
SealSkinz All Weather XP Winter Cycle Gloves
The SealSkinz ‘All Weather XP’ gloves are designed to enhance your cycling performance in all weather conditions. The cycling gloves are constructed with pressure point padding and box fingers to improve flexibility and comfort. The gloves are completely wind and waterproof, enabling you to proficiently cycle through variable climates. An anti-slip lining combines with anatomically positioned, silicone print padding to optimise grip and comfort.
- Pressure point padding and box fingers maximise flexibility and comfort
- Completely wind and waterproof
- Anti-slip lining
- Touchscreen compatible material on the thumbs and index fingers
- Suede wiper on the thumb
- Reflective details improve visibility and safety
dhb Merino Base Layer
The dhb Merino M_200 base layer is constructed from the highest quality Australian wool spun into fine yarns for a soft, luxurious and itch-free feel. Merino M_200 is ideal the ideal first layer for comfort during cold weather workouts and extended aerobic activities such as running and cycling. The inner core of the fibre is hydrophilic (water loving) while the outer surface is hydrophobic (water repelling), allowing it to absorb a greater amount of moisture before it feels wet compared to synthetic fibres.
- Mid-weight 200gsm merino wool base layer for natural technical performance
- Provides outstanding thermal regulation across a range of climate conditions
- Superfine grade 18.5 micron merino yarn for high-level comfort against the skin
- Natural odour resistance, wicking properties, and breathability
- Fits close to the body
- Abrasion-free flatlock seams
What wevelo say
I’ve been using the M_200 dhb Merino base layer for over a year now during winter rides and it’s performed perfectly since. Super warm and comfortable and hasn’t lost its shape in all that time. It’s a really nice top and my go-to base layer when it’s cold outside. At under £30, it’s one of the better value merino base layers out there!
Sportful No-Rain Leg Warmers
Sportful No-Rain cycling leg warmers have an ergonomic cut and silicone grippers to ensure they stay in position with no sagging and no irritating inner seam. Maintaining excellent thermal properties when the going is wet these will keep you riding in more comfort for longer than your standard warmers. In changeable weather where rain is likely these are an ideal option. Combined with Fiandre No-Rain Bibshorts you have a versatile all-season set up.
- Excellent water resistance
- Reflective Sportful logo
- Silicone grippers
- No-Rain nanotechnology
- Machine washable, hang dry
What wevelo say
These Sportful leg warmers have been a go-to item for me during the winter months for a while now. They fit nice and snug without being too tight that they cause chaffing. The fleece lining makes them super comfortable and warm and the No-Rain technology works well keeping all but the worst rain at bay.
Icons by Bradley Wiggins
The world of professional cycling is fraught with fierce competition, fervent dedication and unerring ambition, and only a handful of competitors reach iconic status. Among them is Sir Bradley Wiggins – a man uniquely placed to reflect on the history of this remarkable sport and its unforgettable titans. In Icons, Wiggins takes the reader on an extraordinarily intimate journey through the sport, presenting key pieces from his never-before-seen collection of memorabilia.
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins (1 Nov. 2018)
- Language: English
Moon Nebula Rear Light
The Moon Nebula 180 Lumen Rear Light just got a whole lot brighter. The Nebula now generates up to 180 Lumens of light, perfect for being seen whatever the weather. USB rechargeable and features all the essential modes you need for you to adventure out on your bike. Including a variety of mounts with the improved Nebula, you can use it whenever you need it.
- High brightness red LED
- Rechargeable lithium polymer battery (3.7V 800 mAh)
- CNC aluminium heat sink casing
- USB remote control system
- 8 modes: Low / Standard / High / Over drive / 10% Flashing /
- 50% Flashing / 100% Flashing / Strobe
- Quick release universal bracket (fits all round bars and AERO style bars)
- 2 O-rings for mounting (fits 20-35mm & 35-52mm diameters)
Zwift 3 Months Membership Card
Zwift is an immersive game that makes indoor training fun and rewarding for everybody. Your real-world efforts power your avatar across beautiful landscapes. Ride with thousands of athletes at all levels in real-time.
- Virtual group rides and races
- Structured workouts
- Immersive experience
- Meet up with friends
- Sync with 3rd party apps. Strava, TrainerRoad and more.
dhb Extreme Weather Neoprene Overshoe
dhb’s Extreme Weather Neoprene Overshoe will help you through the deep winter, providing the best protection against extreme cold and heavy rain.
- Thick 3.5mm neoprene
- Non-permeable TPU outer skinWaterproof, Windproof, Insulating
- Kevlar reinforced toes/heel/base
- Durable size5 YKK rear zipper
- Reflective vertical details
- Side logo detail
Muc-Off Ultimate Bicycle Cleaning Kit
Keep your frame clean with the Muc-Off Ultimate bike cleaning set. Cover all bases when it comes to cleaning, protecting and lubricating your bike. Whether you’re a roadie, CX racer or off-road mountain biker Muc-Off’s cleaning set is for you. Included in the award winning Bike Cleaner. The perfect gift for any bike lover.
- Nano Tech Bike Cleaner for quick, easy cleaning
- Bio Drivetrain Cleaner for fast, effective drive chain degreasing
- Assorted Muc-Off brushes and sponge for deep cleaning
- Bike Spray for ultimate, post-wash protection
- Tool Box included for convenient storage
- Bio Wet Lube included for incredible drive chain efficiency
- Includes Premium Microfibre Cloth for easy drying
- Perfect gift for any bike lover
dhb Aeron Rain Defence Long Sleeve Jersey
The performance of a jacket meets the fit and feel of a jersey. When the intensity is high and the heavens open the Aeron Rain Defence long sleeve jersey will keep you protected and performing at your maximum.
- Waterproof, breathable, mid weight fabric
- Full length YKK Vislon zipper with wind guard
- Recommended temperature range: 8 – 14 deg C
- 3 rear pockets with protective storm guard
- Secure YKK zipper rear pocket – water resistant
- Extended Storm-guard rear to protect from wheel spray
- Rear venting
- Reflective rear insert and binding on storm guard
Crank Brothers 19 Function Multi Tool
Lightweight and functional, the Crank Brothers 19 Function Multi Tool will help get you though a wide variety of trail-side repairs. Crankbrothers have a reputation for making the highest quality multi tools and this 19 function multi tool is no exception. It features a durable but lightweight steel and aluminium construction and comes with a stainless steel carrying case. With a selection of 19 tools, you can take on a wide variety of trail-side repairs.
- Allen Keys / Hex Wrenches: #2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
- Screwdrivers: phillips #1, phillips #2, flat #2
- Torx: T25, T10
- Open wrench: 8mm, 10mm
- Spoke wrench: #0, 1, 2, 3
- Chain tool: 8/9/10 speed compatible
- 6051 high tensile steel/6061-T6 aluminium construction
- Lifetime Warranty
- Stainless steel carrying case included
What wevelo say
The Crank Brothers Multi 19 is a fantastic little tool. Very well built and super strong. It comes with everything you’ll need if things go wrong when out on the bike. It might be slightly heavy but the chain tool and range is super handy.